vrijdag 19 juli 2013

Phase 3: Going Greek


Well, this is it. The moment I've looked forward to for 3 years is finally here. Sometimes I thought to myself just how big a nutcase I am for doing this. Hell, there have been times I wanted to just throw things aside and do stuff regular people do... but I knew that wouldn't make a particularly exciting story to tell, right ;)

The beast has now got fresh rubber, wheelbearings, oil and oilfilter as well, finally getting it at full strength for the 4500 mile ordeal that lays ahead.

And me? Well the coming month, I'm just going to take it as it comes. As is usual with whenever I go abroad, I never watch any video or photo material from other people that have visited the countries in question - this way, I have no expectations. It's like going out to see a movie without having seen the trailer... I already know I want to go, and that's all the motivation I need.

If circumstances permit, I will post small updates on the project Facebook page when I'm on the road. Rest assured though that after the trip, I will post an extensive ride report here, along with all the photo and video material.

If you haven't done so already, have a glance at the auction goodies that will go under the digital hammer in September. Or tag yourself in the send-off drawing. It's all for a good cause, right ;)

Basic itinerary for the road down is as follows:

19th of July - Belgium
20th of July -Luxembourg - France - Germany
21st of July - Switzerland
22nd-29th of July -Italy
30th of July-7th of August - Greece

Everything after that is up in the air. I plan to be home around the 18th of August, but it could be earlier or later depending on how things go.

Take care, and maybe see you on the way!